Friday, September 09, 2005

My Writeup: Home is best.

Its two days since my return to India. And it feels great to be here.

There has been lots of changes in the last 2 years here, Communication in the form of landlines and mobile phones have become very affordable. The broadband factor is catching up very fast. Thanks to BSNL, high speed is available for as low as $10 a month. Stock markets seem to keep making new heights as I saw it cross the 8000 mark on the day I returned. Businesses seem to do fine and the economy looks very optimistic.

As I take pride in the developments, there were moments in the past few days which made me feel sad, especially when I saw a lady carry her baby on the back of the scooter while my cab over took them in a very close manner, and when a big road in Purasawalkam did not have lanes indicated and more when a chap aimed his empty coffee cup into a trash can/dustbin from a distance and did not bother to ensure its in place when he missed the target. More to this is the absense of road sense by autorickshaw drivers and the absense of pedestrian crossings in key intersections.

All that Indians need is discipline to catch up with the progress we are making.

Vande Mataram.

No comments: